Grand Cane Welcomes 4C Coffee House to the Community

Grand Cane Welcomes 4C Coffee House to the Community
Grand Cane Welcomes 4C Coffee House to the Community
Grand Cane Welcomes 4C Coffee House to the Community
Grand Cane Welcomes 4C Coffee House to the Community
Grand Cane Welcomes 4C Coffee House to the Community
Grand Cane Welcomes 4C Coffee House to the Community
Grand Cane Welcomes 4C Coffee House to the Community
Grand Cane Welcomes 4C Coffee House to the Community

A large crowd gathers at the Grand Cane Post Office each weekday morning at 9:00 to await arrival of the train that brings letters from family and friends or packages from Sears & Roebuck. While waiting for the mail to be “put up” friends and neighbors spend time visiting and catching up on the latest community news.

George N. Parker had purchased the building in 1910 to operate a mercantile business. It later served as a Post Office. Eventually the train stopped running through Grand Cane and the Post Office moved to another location in a newer building. Crowds ceased to gather. This historic building was abandoned and fell into a serious state of disrepair. However, after many years two visions came together resulting in birth of the 4 C Coffee House.

Mayor Marsha Richardson and the Village Aldermen have long had the goal of seeing a viable business in each of the buildings located in the historic district. With no floor and flooding beneath the building as well as walls covered with mold, the task of remodeling the Parker building seemed insurmountable. However John Brossette and his construction company tackled the job resulting in a beautiful interior.

 

 

To read more please log in or subscribe to the digital edition. http://etypeservices.com/Mansfield%20EnterpriseID391/

Rate this article: 
No votes yet